 |
| The Hermitage |
 |
| Me and The Hermitage this place is amazing |
 |
| Michaela and me! |
 |
| Picasso |
 |
| Yup i am standing with a Picasso |
 |
| Mummy!! |
 |
| Da Vinci |
 |
| I am with a Da Vinci!!!! Can't believe it!!! |
 |
| Me and Jake (Jake reminds me of some of the guys on big bang) |
 |
| My group!! |
 |
| this is what i would look like if i were a mummy!! |
So St. Petersburg was way fun! We were only there for 2 days but a lot happened. So this letter like is going to be long, but what’s new all my letters from weekend trip usually are. A lot can happen in a short amount of time.
You ever think that you have had the worse train ride in your life and nothing can beat it. The trip to Kiev was pretty bad but that trip was actually pretty delightful compared to the train rides to and from St. Pete's was awful. Jen the delightful 30 years old that is taking all the effort in the world to lover her didn't make it to our stop on time so we were late to catch our train! We were basically running between metro stops and to catch our train, we barely made it on in time. I was so mad this was just one of many Jen stories you will hear in this letter. Got on the train and guess what I got the top bunk again. I think it is just destined to be that I get stuck up there. Like usual I basically kicked a few people in the head because I am half giant. To make it worse though I got the seat that was right next to the Toilet/smoking area. There is a door that is in between were we sleep and the smoking area but every time the door open we got a sweet whiff of smoke and because there is a door nobody coming though it could see my feet until they ran in to them. I have decided that is should just start tallying up how many people have literally been faced kicked by me and sometime with the boots on!
We finally got there and were off to where we were going to stay. The school let us sleep there for a 100 Rubles ($3) sweet deal right? I would have rather paid way more for some were different. That place wasn't worth 100 rubles. Everything about this place was bad news bears. We dropped are stuff off and decided to take a power nap because we go there at 7 in the morning and nothing is open, its dark outside and none of us really slept on the train. The room was a kindergarten room and it smelled of urine... tasty right. I got a mattress that looked like a bunch of kids just decided for kicks and giggles let’s just all pee on the mattress, there wasn't a spot on it that wasn't covered in pee. Ya gross. I put a bunch of sheets on it and got a power nap.
We then were off to the Peterhof palace. It is amazing there are all of these fountains that are amazing! They are run by gravity, there are no pumps. They turned them off a week before we got there so that was a bummer but they were super cool you should Google it and see the pumps in actions they are amazing! There were a lot of gold naked people. It was really cool we went in to the Palace and got to see all of the rooms and kind of how they lived it was really cool. The best part of it though is the fact that it is right by the ocean. It was a great ocean view. To get to the forest you have to walk through this forest and it was way pretty. It was fall the leaves were yellow half were on the ground and half were on the trees it was great! The best thing a about fall is there are a bunch of nuts on the ground from all the trees. Do you know what Nuts mean? SQUIRRELS!!!! These squirrels were awesome they were a deep red looking squirrels.
We saw all these squirrels and we had some chips so we decided to feed them. We had been attacked by pidgins since we had been here so we wanted our chance with some squirrels. I had a few eating out of my hand it was way cool. We are all stoked that we are feeding all these squirrels. As we are feeding the squirrels Jordan turned his back to walk towards the tree that all of these squirrels. The next part is a bit of a blur. I can’t quite remember if he had food in his hand or what. Just has he turned and this giant Squirrel jumped on him! It was so funny the squirrel got stuck on his back pack for just a moment it was a very long moment but it was so funny. Jordan screamed like a little girl I really thought we were all going to die laughing. That was pretty much the best part of the day.
After that we went in to the down town part of St. Petersburg it was amazing. I we went and saw a few church of course just the out sides though Spilt Blood cathedral was really pretty. We didn’t get to go in because we got there too late but there were no one but Jen was too sad about that. Instead we went to Dom Knigi. It is one of the oldest, coolest book stores in St. Pete’s. We may have lost Jake in it he was in heaven there. Do you happen to remember the book ‘Ten Little Indians’? Well we found a book called ‘Ten little Niggers’. We thought it was totally different book until we started to read it and it was the same book just not Indian. It was way funny. All of were like you would get beat up in America if you had that book.
After the book store we made our way to the BASKEN ROBINS!! The ice cream is pretty delightful.
Sunday we went to Hermitage. The Hermitage is basically a huge museum that was built back in the day when Russia was still the Soviet Union and they still had Duchess and all that jazz. This Museum is amazing it!! We spent most of our Sunday in there and we could have spent even more. It is this huge building and it is amazing I took pictures but it doesn’t do it justice. There were rooms and rooms of painting. There were statues, mummies antic furniture and so much more I loved it was probable my favorite part of the trip.
St Pete's was way fun i would go back for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment